Posted on April 29, 2018 by Avant Property
Celebrate the personality and fun of your favorite animal at Pet Fiesta, held Saturday, May 5th, at the Reston Town Center! This pet-centric outdoor festival is sponsored by, and benefits, GoodDogz.org, an organization dedicated to educating potential dog owners on canine selection and care, and supporting the efforts of rescue groups.
Pet Fiesta brings together local businesses, animal rescue groups, and pet owners for an exciting day of activities, demonstrations, and animals galore. Meet wonderful animals looking for their forever homes, check out the latest in pet products, and watch the animals strut their stuff during contests and fashion shows. Enjoy onstage entertainment, face painting, and caricature artists. Gather the kids and come out for a day of pets and fun for the whole family!
Pet Fiesta 2018
Saturday, May 5th
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Reston Town Center
Posted on April 27, 2018 by Avant Property
April commemorates Earth Day, and many people like to spend the month cleaning waterways, picking up litter, or organizing large-scale trash and recycling drives.
If you’re interested in living greener, but don’t know how to start or just want to begin small, here are eight great tips to make your apartment living at The Avant more eco-friendly. These steps are easy, can be implemented immediately, and, best of all, help keep our environment healthy — all year long. Everyone wins!
1. Partner with Bozzuto. Bozzuto is challenging you, our communities, our coworkers, our friends, and our families to come together and share ways we can all #BeTheGreen. Click here for more information.
2. Kill the vampires. Walk around your apartment and unplug any electronic devices and appliances you’re not using. These include TVs, computers, printers, cell phone chargers, video game consoles, and CD and DVD players (we know some of you still have these!).
Most electronic equipment still consumes energy when turned off and plugged in – about 1,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year. That’s enough to power a home for two months! No wonder they’re called vampires.
3. Watch that wash. Try to wait for a full load before turning on the washing machine, dryer, or dishwasher. You use the same amount of energy to power them whether you have a half load or a full one. Each washing cycle uses more than 25 gallons of water – make sure every drop counts. When using the dryer, clean out the lint filter after every load.
Doing dishes? Scrape your plate, but don’t rinse it, before putting it into the dishwasher. Pre-rinsing is no longer necessary with today’s technology and detergents, and you might use more water to pre-rinse than the dishwasher uses for a full wash cycle.
4. Don’t guzzle the H2O. Take quick showers and don’t let the water run when shaving or brushing your teeth.
5. Monitor your thermostat. Turn down your thermostat by two degrees in the winter and up by two degrees in the summer. You’ll eliminate 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide during the year.
6. Recycling, a classic that still works. For decades, we’ve all heard how wonderful recycling is. That’s because it works! Consider the fact that recycling just one aluminum can saves the amount of energy required to run a TV for three hours.
In this technology-obsessed world of ours, many retailers and other companies also will take your old gadgets for recycling. Computers, monitors, cell phones, and other electronics often contain toxic materials that should not sit in landfills.
7. Lower the lights. Change to fluorescent light bulbs – which use approximately 66 percent less energy than regular incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer. Always turn off lights when you aren’t home, or in a particular room, to save energy. You can also install automatic timers to turn off lights in empty rooms.
8. Let the sunshine in. Among the best, most inexpensive ways to warm your apartment is by letting sunlight in. Open blinds, drapes, and shutters and allow solar energy to brighten the indoors naturally.
As you can see, it’s easy to go green. You don’t have to turn your life completely upside down. Just start small, go slow, and make the adjustments gradually. Make every day Earth Day! For more tips, visit the website of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Posted on April 1, 2018 by Avant Property
Want to savor the best cup of black coffee in Reston, treat yourself to a creamy hot mocha, or maybe sample some excellent spirits? Come to Lake Anne Coffee House & Wine Bar for delicious coffee, beer, wine, and seasonal cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Located in Lake Anne Village Center, this popular dining destination was a beloved neighborhood gathering spot, when it was recently was bought by an area family and upgraded. Now visitors can enjoy beautiful views of the lake and a tasty menu showcasing the best foods our region has to offer.
What are you waiting for? Come hang out, enjoy the view, and grab a bite to eat! Learn more at http://lakeannecoffeehouse.com/.
Lake Anne Coffee House & Wine Bar
Lake Anne Village Center
1612 Washington Plaza N.
Posted on April 28, 2017 by Avant Property
Attention, bibliophiles! Celebrate the written word on Saturday, April 29, during Independent Bookstore Day at Scrawl Books!
Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party that takes place yearly, on the last Saturday in April, at indie bookstores nationwide. Come join this year’s party at Scrawl Books and find exclusive literary items you can only get on that day. Not before. Not after. Not online. This year’s exclusives include a Michael Chabon short story; an Elephant & Piggie onesie; and a signed, original, black-and-white drawing by Jenny Lawson.
Festivities start at 10 a.m. Stop by at 11:30 a.m. and join author Sue Fliess in celebrating the 75th anniversary of Little Golden Books. Hear new stories and make your own book!
Reston Town Center
11862 Market St
Posted on April 28, 2016 by Avant Property
Just because the warm weather is here doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your own ice capades!
Whether you’re a recreational skater, figure skater, or hockey player, you should come out and experience all that SkateQuest has to offer. SkateQuest is a large, twin-sheet indoor ice skating center in Reston – complete with a full-service pro shop, café, and party rooms.
Host a kids’ hockey camp or clinic – or schedule an adult tournament. Learn the basics of figure skating or use ice skating to get back in shape. Or just design a fun and unique birthday party, business retreat, or fundraiser.
Since 1993, SkateQuest has been an anchor of the community, providing a safe, healthy, and family-oriented environment. For more information, call (703) 709-1010 or visit http://www.skatequest.com/.
1800 Michael Faraday Court
Posted on April 19, 2016 by Avant Property
Beautiful two bedroom apartment homes available now at The Avant!
It’s that time of year again! Spring is here and summer is just around the corner. This is the perfect time to make your move to The Avant at Reston Town Center!
We currently have two bedroom apartment homes starting as low as $2,650.00. At The Avant you can spend your summer lounging by the pool or grilling on our outdoor terrace with Reston Town Center right at your fingertips. Enjoy our state of the art fitness center, welcoming business center and exciting resident events hosted in our Great Room. Schedule your appointment today!
Posted on April 29, 2015 by Avant Property
It’s official! Bartaco is now open for lunch and dinner service! Located on the ground floor of The Avant at Reston Town Center on Explorer Street!
Reston’s Bartaco has indoor and outdoor seating, as well as a walk-up take out window. It will also deliver to offices and residences in the town center via beach cruiser bicycles! Stop by or order your delicious street tacos today!
This is the Connecticut-based chain’s first Bartaco in Virginia and we are thrilled to have them as our new neighbor!
Posted on by Avant Property
Barcelona Wine Bar is now open!! The restaurant is located on the ground floor of The Avant at Reston Town Center!
The restaurant is the 11th from the Connecticut-based chains. It is known for its selection of more than 400 wines, as well as Spanish-style tapas!
We are so excited to have them join us at the Town Square Park!
Posted on by Avant Property
The Initiative for Public Art Reston has teamed with Patrick Dougherty and have unveiled quite a piece of art in Reston Town Center’s Town Square Park on Saturday.
Dougherty and his team spent two weeks building the artwork entirely out of saplings and it is pretty amazing!
The art work will remain on site for at least a year and it’s located right in front of The Avant at Reston Town Center.
See some more of his work and to learn more about him click here: www.stickwork.net